How to Use the Repository
Table of contents
- What is the repository?
- Exploring the repository
- Creating a directory
- Uploading a file
- Copying a file
- Managing metadata
What is the repository?
The repository is where an authenticated user can hold documents and data (directories, folders, files, metadata) he or she wants to use as input to services. You can use the repository to organise and manage the different data elements: create, upload, download, rename, copy, delete. You can also use this portal, or the repository API, to manage the permissions on the different data elements for users and groups.
Exploring the repository
To access the repository, you need to be logged in. Then, click on "My Repository"
- Your Home directory appears:
- To explore a subdirectory, click on the directory name or its icon
- If you want to open a file, click on the file name or its icon.
Creating a directory
To create a new directory, explore the repository and go to the directory you want the new directory to be created in.
Use the following input text, and click on "Create Directory".
- The directory name must be unique in the current path.
- This name is case insensitive, so "Documents" is equal to "documents".
Uploading a file
To upload a new file, explore the repository and go to the directory you want the new file to be added to.
Use the following input control to select a file from your local directory, and click on "Upload".
Note that :
- The file name must be unique in the current path.
- This name is case insensitive, so "Image1.gif" is equals to "image1.GIF".
- The file to upload must not be empty.
To rename a file or a directory:
- click on
- Change the name.
- Click on to validate the renaming, or on to cancel it.
Note that the rules for renaming are the same as for creating a file or directory: the name must be unique in the current path and is case insensitive.
To delete a file or a directory, click on
Copying a file
To copy a file, click on
The copy is added to the same directory as the original.
It is named "Copy of ..".
Editing a file or a directory is used to rename it and/or move it.
- Click on
- Then you can change the name of the current file/directory.
- If you click on "Parent Directory", the repository tree appears:
- Click on the new parent directory if you want to move the current file/directory.
- Click on "Ok" to validate the renaming/moving.
Each file / directory has some metadata.
Click on to manage them.
List the metadata
Depending on their type, the repository elements have default metadata. For example, for an image:
You can manually add some metadata, as a string or file.
To do so, use the following input fields:
For instance, we have added the metadata, "category" (a string) and "description" (a file) on the previous image:
The metadata may also be added by a service: Service post actions.
Click on to edit the value of a metadatum.
Validate the change using , or cancel it
Click on to delete a metadatum.