Please log in to access additional questions regarding account management or service publishing.
About Open Xerox
- What is Open Xerox ?
- What types of service can be found on the Open Xerox portal?
- What is EIP ?
- Can I use Open Xerox without signing up?
- What is meant by a personal repository in Open Xerox?
- Are there any restrictions on the use of Open Xerox?
- What should I expect from OpenXerox technologies ?
- Will I have to provide personal information to become an authenticated user and, if so, how will it be used?
- My Account
- Publishing Services
- About Xerox
About Open Xerox
What is Open Xerox ?
- Web applications that you can access with your browser
- SOAP or REST Web services that are accessible through an API and through web forms
- Software packages that you can download and test on your computer. These are accompanied by appropriate licensing agreements.
- Discover, for example, Xeproc document process modelling OS software.
Open Xerox is a web portal that hosts technology prototypes from the Xerox R&D labs. More information available in About OpenXeroxWhat types of service can be found on the Open Xerox portal?
There are several types of service:What is EIP ?
Some Open Xerox services are accessible from EIP-enabled devices.
Xerox EIP is a software platform on which developers can use standard web-based tools to create server-based applications that can be configured for the multifunction printer's touch-screen user interface.
You can find more information about EIP on the dedicated Xerox Page : http://www.office.xerox.com/eip/enus.htmlCan I use Open Xerox without signing up?
Yes, you can. Open Xerox lets you try out the latest applications, run services and test technology in third-party applications, but signing up is quick and easy and there are a number of advantages, like access to more services, and a personal repository to store your files.What is meant by a personal repository in Open Xerox?
Your personal repository is where you can hold documents you want to use as input to your services. You can upload, download, rename, copy and manage permissions on these files or directories via this portal or using the repository API.Are there any restrictions on the use of Open Xerox?
Yes, the use of Open Xerox and of any content or applications that are made available from or through Open Xerox is governed by specific Terms and Conditions.What should I expect from OpenXerox technologies ?
The technologies featured on Open Xerox are early or incremental releases that have not gone through the rigorous testing and validation generally conducted by product testing groups.Will I have to provide personal information to become an authenticated user and, if so, how will it be used?
Do I need an account to use OpenXerox ?
- Private repository for storing data to be used as input of multiple services,
- Ability to start jobs in the background and monitor their progress,
- Access to more services
- Sign up: to cerate a local account on Open Xerox
- Use Facebook to use your Facebook credentials when logging on Open Xerox. You will not have to type your password if you already have an active Facebook session. Your Facebook password is never sent to Open Xerox, and the only Facebook information we access is your identifier and email address.
- Use your Google account. Again, you will not have to type your password if you already have an active Google session. Your Google password is never sent to Open Xerox, and the only Google information we access is your identifier and email address.
- Use your S3 account: this method is for Xerox employees who have an S3 account.
You don't need an account to use OpenXerox but you will be able to access more technologies if you have one. Some publishers restrict the visibility of their services to some users or group of users.
Authenticated users have access to extra features:How can I create an account on Open Xerox?
There are several ways to create accounts on Open Xerox. First, you need to go on the Log In page, and then select your preferred method:
Please choose the way you find the more convenient. Once you created your account, it is recommended to always use the same login method (Facebook, Google, login) each time you visit Open Xerox. If you use several methods, you might end up with several accounts.How do I change my password ?
You have to log in, select [Account Management] from the top menu bar and click on [Change Password]. Also, note that if you use an alternate login possibility (Facebook or Google), you don't need to use a password at all!What if I forget my password?
From the [Log In] page select the [Forgot your password?] link. Enter your e-mail address and submit. Once you submit the address, we will send you an email containing a personalized link with instructions to reset your password.
- Publishing Services
About XeroxI have problem with my printer, scanner or copier
If you have problems with a Xerox equipement you can find solutions at Xerox Support & Drivers.How to order consumable items
To order toner or other consumable items and track your orders, please go to Xerox SuppliesMeter ReadsRecycling at Xerox
Information about recyling, waste, shipping request and return label are available at Xerox Green World AllianceWhere can I find my learning/eTime/CBC/elearning/...